Katie Price guilty of being drunk in charge of her £130k pink Range Rover

Reality TV star Katie Price did a fist-pump and said “brilliant” as she was banned from the road for three months and fined £1,500 for being caught drunkenly in charge of her crashed pink Range Rover.
The 40-year-old former glamour model and Loose Women presenter was “very drunk” in the back of the car, slurring her words and smelling of alcohol after the £130,000 vehicle had apparently crashed into a hedge.
Price, who had spent the evening drinking pornstar martinis, denied being the driver, insisting that her on-off boyfriend Kris Boyson’s friend had been at the wheel and run away.
District Judge Nigel Dean today said he did not have “any degree of confidence” in parts of Price’s story, as he found her guilty of being drunk in charge of a motor vehicle.
“She knows a lot more about the circumstances that her valuable car was involved in some sort of road traffic accident than she would have the court believe”, he said.

Katie Price at court today where she was cleared of a charge of drink driving (PA)

“I did not find her to be a plausible or credible witness.” But Price reacted with joy to her short driving ban, £1500 fine and £925 in court costs and fees, pumping her fist and saying: “Brilliant, I thought I was about to get two years.”
Judge Dean said he did not have “any degree of confidence” in parts of Price’s story, as he found her guilty of being drunk in charge of a motor vehicle. 
“I did not find her to be a plausible or credible witness," he said.
Mother-of-five Price claimed she had been in the back of the car undressing while Mr Boyson’s friend had been driving, and she was just wearing an oversized hoodie when she was found by police. 

Mr Boyson, who was in the passenger seat of the car, claimed to officers that his friend had run away after they had an argument, but he refused to give his name. 
Bexley magistrates court heard Mr Boyson then told Price to “shut up” when she tried to answer the officer’s questions at the side of Shooters Hill Road, Woolwich, in the early hours of October 10 last year. Prosecutor Sonya Saul said PCs Balvinder Mann and Benjamin Jones first spotted Price’s Range Rover as it swerved off the road when they passed at around 12.40am. 
“The Range Rover mounted the grass verge to the side of the road, causing the passenger wheel to go on to the grass area and then pulled back on to the highway”, she said. 
The officers initially put the incident down to “driver error”, but passed the car again around 15 minutes later when it “appeared to have recently crashed”. 
“PC Jones could see significant damage to the front side of the bumper and the fog lights hanging to the ground”, said Ms Saul. 
“There were marks to the passenger side including shrubbery and leaves, suggesting it had at some time been driving against trees or bushes.”
Ms Saul said Price was “clearly drunk, with blood-shot eyes, slurred speech, and she smelled of alcohol” when questioned by police, and she backed Mr Boyson’s account of the night. 
“The account given by Mr Boyson was that a friend had been driving, they had started to argue and the friend pulled over and ran off, taking the keys with him. 
“Both Katie Price and Kris Boyson said the friend had been driving the Range Rover, but when Katie Price spoke Kris Boyson told her to shut up which made PC Jones suspect there was no third person. 
“PC Mann did ask for the name of the driver, but Mr Boyson refused to give it, he said he would never give the name as he was not a grass. 
“Katie Price said she didn’t know the name of the driver, he was a friend of Kris Boyson.”
In her evidence, Price claimed her relationship with Mr Boyson is on the rocks because he has refused to give the name of his friend or help her case in anyway. “He hasn’t even come to support me”, she said. “He is not helping me at all.”
She claimed it was her habit after a night out to get undressed in the back of her car while someone else drives, taking off her make-up and putting on pyjamas so that she is ready for bed. 
Describing her state that evening, Price said she was “really really drunk”, calling herself a “lightweight” but claimed she only drank four pornstar martinis at the restaurant. 
Both Price and Mr Boyson denied having the car keys when first asked by police officers, who then launched a full-scale search for the keys when Price “complained she felt cold” and the car heaters were put on.  
The reality star then handed over the car keys from her handbag when she was put in a police van. 
Price, from Horsham, Surrey, denied but was convicted of being drunk in charge of a motor vehicle. She was cleared by the judge of a second charge of drink driving. 


Popular posts from this blog